Thursday, August 14, 2008

Try, try again

Life is hard. Some days are better than others, but even really good days are filled with lots of failures, triumphs and hard living. Sometimes it's overwhelming, especially when you feel like you have more failures than triumphs. Sometimes I feel like it gets so overwhelming that my temper gets short and my mouth gets fast. These are the days that I NEED to stop and remember that my babies have lives that are just as complicated for them as mine is for me.
For weeks M would climb up the step stool and either fall off or cry because he was stuck. It annoyed me a little because I worried when he was hurt and I had to run to rescue him when I left the bathroom door open, yet again. Today he taught himself to get down!
On this day, A made it her business to learn to balance on the curb. Serious stuff for a two year old. There were scrapes and crying, but she did it.





I think what makes life so wonderful and awesome is that it IS hard and when you put your all into it, you feel alive whether you triumph or not.

No comments: