Tuesday, April 7, 2009

She can swing like a big girl now

It wasn't until I became a mother that I realized my whole life could change in one moment. The first, of course, being when the world spun around me like a vortex to another world, in my bathroom after that teeny tiny second line smiled up at me. From that moment on, every decison I made from what I ate to what I spent money on, was for someone other than ME.

Over the last 5 years I've had many life changing days; some big like the births of my children and some smaller like the fist day nursing didn't hurt. Don't be mistaken, my life before children had plenty of memorable days that changed the course of my life, but these are different. These moments for the most part aren't by my choosing, they're inevitable and all I can do is sit back and soak in how amazing they are. I can't wish the days away, hoping that things will be easier when.... (fill in the blank, because really I have about 20 of them I could list off the top of my head). I keep reminding myself that "this is just a stage" and I try and smile through it because I know it'll change so fast that soon I'll be telling my friends how much I missed it when A needed me to swing her or M had to have me watch him go down the slide e.v.e.r.y. s.i.n.g.l.e t.i.m.e! My life is no longer completely my own. For a former control freak, this is very liberating.



2 comments:

A said...

Yay A - nowhere close in our household but hopefully now outdoor season is beginning....

Just me said...

Yay A!!! We are nowhere close here, either.