Friday, December 21, 2007

We made it!!!!

Tonight was our 5 year anniversary. We got all dressed up, dropped the kids off with my mom and dad and went out to a nice dinner. It was wonderful. I didn't realize how busy we've been since we had kids. Martin and I have been together for 10 years now and for the first 7 years of our relationship all we did was obsess over each other. Every fight, walk, kiss, look and touch felt like it lasted for an eternity. We could take the time to focus on why we were upset and how we were going to be more considerate of each other's feelings. Good Lord, I'm lucky if by the end of the day, I remember what, if or why Martin and I were fighting. We usually just pretend like it didn't happen, since neither one of us has the energy to argue or the memory to make valid points. Earlier this week, Martin and I called a truce, to forgive and forget, well just forgive each other for all the petty little fighting we've been doing. After our truce, we really needed to spend some time together reconnecting. So tonight was much needed.

In preparation for our big date, I finished up all my chores, took a long hot shower, did a mini facial, and pedicure. I was trying to bring sexy back, so I had on a cute little dress with my fancy leopard heels. I carefully applied my eyeshadow, just the way the MaryKay lady showed me and I even wore matching bra and panties!!!

When we got to the restaurant, The Melting Pot, Martin had a bouquet of flowers waiting for me at the table. We sat close to each other and talked and laughed and flirted like we did when we were dating. Well in my attempt to be all seductive, I gave the hostess at the restaurant a little more than she bargained for. She came to our table to take a picture for our anniversary, and this is what she saw......



yeah, so I guess you're not supposed to put nursing boobs in a regular bra!

No comments: