Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy Birthday M!


My sweet baby boy. I can't believe you're two today. When I look at your sweet little face I can't believe how fast you're growing up. All my heart can remember is the overflowing joy I felt when we snuggled for the first 3 months of your life. Finally after having such an independent and hot natured baby, God gave me you, a snuggler. As you sat in your highchair this morning, which has become sporadic lately, I could still see the glimpse of the crooked smirk you would flash at me while you were still sleeping 18 hours a day on my chest. And I'm so thankful that your infectious and unbelievable adorable giggle hasn't left you in this past year. When you throw your head back and unleash your laugh on the world, all of my frustrations and worries are blown away. I love you for that.


My dear, sweet, baby boy, you have come a long way in one year. This past year you have learned to communicate with short broken sentences instead of hands, teeth and yells. You are one of the most polite two year olds that most people know. You absolutely love and adore your big sister, who has taught you many new words, some colors and maybe a few numbers. You are rougher and tougher than most boys come, loving dirt, cars, bugs, and dinosaurs more than anything else. You've got a mean curve ball and can roar any two year old out of the room. Right now you are a Daddy's boy and I don't mind so much. I miss your cries for me and our snuggling, but I love seeing you and your Daddy form a bond that is unmistakably magical.


Now all the giggles and cuddles aside, I've been know to say that you are full of piss and vinegar, which isn't a total lie, but I guess I wouldn't have it any other way. You're head-strong, full of life and energy and have this amazing old soul in your eyes. I know as the years carry on that you will teach me a lot about myself and I'm privileged to have you in my life. I love you baby boy.

No comments: