Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Randomness

M is a nose picker. We've been under the weather around here and last week I cuddled with M during nap time to keep an eye on his fever. Now I know he's all boy. His toots can drive a grown man out of the room, a 2 foot fall doesn't put a pause in his step, and he can throw like a 5 year old. YES, Daddy is proud...but a booger picker... and a closet one at that! So we're cuddling in bed and as soon as I get my 6 1/2 month belly comfy, I see this tiny little dirty finger shoot up his nose. It stayed there until he fell asleep. Yup, now I know how those slimy streaks end up appear on his sheets every morning.

I feel like I have a red light on my front porch. Good lord I've had 3 men stop by today. We have a pine tree out front that died during the hurricane that is apparently a siren to all the lawn guys in the neighborhood. I know she needs to come down, but I thought I'd give her until spring. I know, I know, pines are evergreens and it doesn't make sense but I hate to see her go.

A has stepped into attitude. I feel like I should write this in her baby book, but wouldn't you know that they don't have a spot for it AND it would be the only entry in the last three years!!! So one day I was sitting on a blanket on one of our premature spring days and getting ready to settle in and watch A follow her BFFN (best friend for now) around the playground like a little puppy, when it happened. A snubbed her BFFN. I couldn't believe it. A huge milestone in a girl's life and I was there to see it. Brought tears to my eyes. Then, of course, I pulled her aside and we talked about how being a mean girl hurts people's feelings and she should remember how it feels when her friends are mean to her. Blah, blah, blah. I shooed her off to play and exhaled. A explained that she was being the mean girl because her friend was teasing her. Ah haa, the snubber got snubbed! I know it's not what I'm supposed to be feeling, but I'm relieved. My baby girl will be able to fight back. A's heart is just so open to the world and as her mother I'm always worried that she will be the girl who suffers many heartaches, because she loves so much. Very hard for a mother to see, but I LOVE who she is and how her love for complete strangers is endless.

No comments: