Sunday, September 6, 2009

Things I'm Loving Right Now

Vintage Baby Quilts
It makes me so happy to see my baby sprawled out on the blankets my mom saved from my childhood. It's almost inspiring enough to get me started making a few. At least three.

Soule Mamma's New book - Thanks Emily! (Oh and while you're visiting Emily, check out the adorable apron she made Allie)
Just flipping through this book makes me want to forgo sleep for days just to fit in a new project.
I love doing projects that are plucked from our own imaginations and use only upcycled materials, buuuuuut it's not happening lately. I'm really trying to sneak in projects and puzzles into our day which by the way is very hard. So one day I pulled this Christmas gift from my mother in law, out of the closet during Benjamin's nap. The kids LOVED it!! All the supplies was right there, easy to do, cute puppets in less than an hour that the kids played with FOR hours! Then lo and behold, Allie unwraps a birthday present and now we have another one waiting for us when we can grab a few uninterrupted minutes! Create your own BOOK!!! How fun is that going to be?
Spinach Salad
When I was so lucky as to have friends bring me dinner after I had Benjamin, I was introduced to a new salad. It's so simple and easy to make. THANKS Star!!!
Salad:
Spinach
Toasted Almonds
Mandarin Oranges
Dressing:
1T Soy sauce
3T Seasoned Rice Wine Vinegar
1/2 cup of Canola Oil
1-2t. of Sesame Oil

No comments: