Thursday, November 8, 2007

How much is too much?

Is it not enough? What am I doing???? So these questions come up pretty often as a parent. Unfortunately, I knew all the answers BEFORE I had kids, and now I have no idea. Sometimes I feel like my life is a "Choose Your Own Adventure" book. You know where at the end of the page you have to make a decision that will determine the direction your WHOLE story goes, and then you have to do it all over again on the next page. Yeah, well that's my life, except when I make a decision and it turns out to be a huge mistake I can't go back to the previous page and choose the better option! Every day, at every turn I feel like I'm having to make a big decision on how to raise my children and it's so scary. I want my children to be happy, successful, independent people who have meaningful relationships in their lives. So, someone give me the cheat sheet and I can choose all the right adventures and end up with happy, successful and independent children. Anyone???


Ok, page 11 of my life book...


If you choose to teach your two year old daughter how to be responsible, by giving her chores, turn to page 26.


If you choose to do everything for her right now since she is only two and forgo responsibility until next year, turn to page 12.




I choose Page 26..... Too much??








No comments: