Friday, May 9, 2008

Cut the Curls


So my baby looks like a big boy now. We cut him off from babyhood, by taking his curls. sniff sniff. Goodness these milestones come so fast. Wasn't it just yesterday that he was snuggled up in a little ball on my chest??? After he was separated from all of his baby cuteness, I held him tight and thought, he's going to be a teenager one day and then a man and then a father.... I know it's a little dramatic, but it's given me a little perspective. For the most part, I carry on each day with our daily, in the moment activities, but I'm not as aware of what the future holds for my babies. I recently saw the Jonas Brother's mom say that they raised their sons to be men. Simple, but hard. Necessary. I look into my little guy's eyes and know that one day he'll face the world armed only with the skills and knowledge his father and I have given him. Talk about pressure. I've always been the type A person. I love to be in charge and take on the responsibility, but this thought really knocked me over. I'm responsible (well my husband too, but you know, for dramatic purposes), I'll be the one at fault, I'm the main artery, the person who will provide the inner voice, and moral compass for them. Good Lord, no wonder my mom always looked like she was under a lot of pressure. I never knew.

No comments: