Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Have you ever been MORE than tired?


I'm so exhausted that I not only don't want to do anything, but I want to undo some of the things that made me this tired. We had a busy weekend and worked on our landscaping a bit, but that wasn't the most exhausting part. It was chasing after my kids! I couldn't figure it out at first, because I chase them ALL WEEK, so how is it harder when my husband is home?? Ok so all of you moms who have a little more experience than me are laughing, huh?
After months, well hell, years of looking at a crappy front yard I decided enough was enough. On Saturday, I took my petty cash to Home Depot and just started throwing plants into baskets and on flat beds. I had no freakin' clue what I was doing, but I knew I needed dirt, plants that could survive on the sun and food for them. My freakish obsession with symmetry made it easier to estimate how many plants I would need, but that was the extent of my planning when I stepped foot into botanical bliss.

Six hours in 95 degree heat, two burgers from Annie's, two mini helpers (read:pests), and one big fat headache later, the yard looks great. And even if we can't keep the THIRD round of plants alive, we at least entertained the neighbors. A ran around half naked, like a wild child and M gave every passerbyer a huge smile with dirt-saliva dripping down his cheeks.


** Yeah so I was so tired that I started this on Monday and didn't finish it until Wednesday.

No comments: